Planning a wedding can be stressful, here are some tips to help you through the process:
- Have a strong estimate on how many guest you are going to invite to your wedding before you book your venue. You always want to choose a venue that can fit everyone you invite, don’t assume some people won’t be able to make it. This will save you a lot of stress if those people do make it to your special day.
- Choose a date that fits your schedule. Make sure you won’t have a lot of work to come into right after your wedding, this could cause you to not enjoy your big day as much with the stress of work on your mind.
- Know your budget when looking at venues. When you go into a venue with an amount you are wanting to spend, they can tell you if it is feasible before you waste your time looking at a venue that you cannot afford.
- Before choosing a bar package, know your crowd. If they are heavy drinkers, then a hosted bar may be best. If each guest may only have a drink or two, then hosting your bar on consumption may be more cost effective.
- Make a timeline of things you need to get done before the big day. This will help you stay on track and avoid forgetting something important.
- Always have extra money saved up in case something unexpected occurs. This will save you the stress of dropping more money than you originally planned for.
- Don’t go dress shopping on your own, all the dresses will start to look the same after you have tried on different ones. Having extra people there will help you make your decision and remind you of one you might of forgotten about.
- Read reviews on all of your vendors, you don’t want to be stuck the day of with a vendor who doesn’t follow through or do a good job. Your spending a lot of money to have their services, make sure you are getting what you paid for.
- Be reasonable with your timeline, don’t try to squeeze too much into too little amount of time. You want to enjoy your day so plan accordingly. Leave extra time between hair, makeup and photos. This will give you time to sit down and just breathe and if things are running behind you won’t feel stressed.
- Enjoy your special day! Just breathe and don’t stress, all your hard work and planning will pay off.